Wednesday 5 January 2011

Final digipack


I've originally planned for a photobook style digipack but due to unforeseen circumstances I was not able to. However I've made a 4 panneled digipack instead because of the lack of clear and suitable pictures as we were unable to take another photoshoot with our artist due to schedule issues. I've kept the original concept of dark and mysterious but chic look which reflects our artist. I think that there are significant symbolic imagery seen in my digipack with the contrast of the colours and the mysteriousness of our artist Amy as in the front cover she's very much in the shadow giving it a huge contrast to her flowing pink dress. 
The back cover of the digipack also uses a symbolic image by using the back of Amy and this relates directly to the music video which emphasizes on the correlation between advertising and music. 
The inside of the digipack is simple yet effective. I've used an image that goes across both panels which is also directly related to the music video as it is a main prop. Also it fits with my mysterious, dark and chic concept. The information inside is plainly thanks messages because the information needed are all on the back cover of the digipack. I didn't want to overcrowd the inside because the image is too bold to put anything over it.
I've used a quote by Bob Dylan because I think that because she is an indie artist it is important that she expresses her thanks messages in a very meaningful way instead of saying thanks in a normal way that a pop star would have used.


No comments:

Post a Comment