Tuesday 26 October 2010

My Digipak Ideas

For the digipak that I will be creating after the video has been made, I will be using a range of stills from the video in order to keep the link between the video and the digipak going strong. These Ideas are based on the possibility of doing a 4 panel digipak.

For the front of the digipak, I will have an image of Alice, possibly a mid shot or a close up of her in order to allow the audience to identify with the artist and main character of the video from the start. (As soon as you pick up the digipak). For example, this still would be a great one to work with because it shows the main character of the video in her costume which she wears throughout the video.


The back of the digipak would ideally be a shot of the tea party table itself, the dry ice going around the cupcakes and bread shown being a good example of this. I would use the colour white for the text as it seems to work well with the image and does not blend in.


Inside of the digipak, I would have an image of the Mad Hatter (played by Jasmine) and/or the other character (played by Yasmin) in order to show the audience that may have only seen a little bit of that video that there was not just one character within the story. Also this gives the opportunity to shed some attention on to the bigger picture of the story and not just have it all about Alice.


For the inside where disk will be placed, I an undecided on what I would prefer as the image to go behind the disk. Part of me would like to have a shot of the tea pot which reinforces the whole concept of the tea party which was such an iconic scene in the Alice in Wonderland films and is the main link between the films and this music video. However, I think it could also be beneficial if instead of reinforcing the tea party theme, I could have an image still from the night shots that will be taken from the garden in order to show a different location within the video. Below is what the image could be if I decided to stick with the tea party theme throughout the whole digipak.



For this mock digipak, I used a font called 'Snell Roundhand' which can be found on any mac computer/laptop and I chose this because it looks very elegant and swirly which could potentially add to the effect of an almost fairy tale look. However, it is a possibility that a different type of font could be used, but the foundations of the italic swirly writing will still be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment