Sunday 26 September 2010

Reflection on lip synch tutorial experience

For this exercise I have learned many things that involves creating music video, for example getting used to remembering the lyrics of songs and making sure that It matches with the tone of the song in order to create the right emotions from the song. In my group I was responsible for performing and therefore I learnt that it was actually quite hard to convey the right mood on the camera to fit the song, especially getting the lyrics right which I found difficult due to the fact that I was not familiar with the song myself. At first I was enthusiastic with the filming and even did some of the dance move from the original music video, but I realised after the 8th take I couldn't do the exact movements and therefore making it hard to edit in final cut pro.

The editing of our lip sync video was not as perfect as we thought it would be, it lacked many things such as the range of camera angles and I thought that I didn't completely lip sync it exactly with the lyrics which caused some of the clips being edited not on the beat. However this shows that for our final music video that learning lyrics and doing the exact actions over and over again is crucial to the final product and therefore I will make sure that this will be noted when do our music video.

The use of razorblade tool on Final Cut Pro was very useful when editing our video, we learned how to use this during our making of Thriller film in AS, however we learned to use the layering of music and video effectively which we did not learn in AS. I learned that it is important to use the lock tool to make sure that the music stays in place and it goes in sync with the video. I also learned that when syncing the music and video together it is important to make sure that the lyrics matches the action, this was difficult due to the fact that our audio was different from the CD we were given because there was an electronical error on our CD player and therefore causing us to use Youtube which means we had to download the MP3 using youtube downloaded on http://www.flvto.com/ to extract the audio from the youtube video. I also learned he importance of using markers tool on Final Cut Pro to make sure that we cut the scenes to the beat

(insert screen cap here)

I found this website that teaches how to edit to the beat in Final Cut Pro that I found quite useful

http://www.studiodaily.com/main/training/howtutorials/f/post/Edit-to-the-Beat-in-Final-Cut-Pro_10865.html

And a video tutorial on youtube



This will help my group to edit to the beat for our final music video.

(For pictures and video of our lip sync exercise please click here http://candipop10group3.blogspot.com/2010/09/lip-sync-tutorial-pictures.html)

1 comment:

  1. I often use youtubeconverter.to to convert free youtube to mp3, this is a great tool that is easy to use and very useful. YoutubeConverter.to is absolutely free Youtube to mp3 converter, youtube converter tool. I am using a converter from youtube to mp4 and download youtube videos 1080 that is youtubeconverter.to. You should try using it, I told you that you won't be disappointed in what this tool gives you.

    ReplyDelete